Monday, December 30, 2013

Strangled Ride


The wheels have been rolling and rolling for so long now.
I have been riding, thirsty and tired; looking for my home.
The dust stuffing my nose, prickly heat piercing the skin
Hot wind burning my face, I gasp as if stuck in a tomb

As I take the uphill blind turn; the old engine rumbling on,
Knees urging to move, a muscle keeps twitching in tension.
I smirk at a flock of birds, following their leader with discipline
Flapping away their wings; unaware of their own destination.

The sight of my ideal home flashes in front of drooping eyes
Ocean blue sky, cotton cloud; Grass like wet parakeets shining;
Spring fresh as the dews, sweet air whispering in my ears;
I want to rest there, where the sun rays kiss me good morning.

A fork road! I slow down, the engine and I grumble in agony;
Options, criterions, and evaluations nothing help me decide.
I look up at Him and move on; lost like the flock I smirked at;
The old engine mocks me as the uncertainty strangles the ride.

No comments: